Thursday, Oct. 19, 2023
The symposium program is HERE. The Stanford University O’Brien Center is led by Dr. James Brooks (PI) and project leaders, Drs. Jonathan Pollack and Robert West.
The primary aim of the Stanford O’Brien Center is to understand the network of cells that cause benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), the most common cause of urinary bother in men. The link to the Stanford O’Brien Center website is HERE.
- IN-PERSON OR VIRTUAL? There will be both in-person and virtual options. Presentations will be recorded for asynchronous viewing. Zoom link to join HERE. Password: 231498
- LOCATION. Stanford University Campus, Stanford Faculty Club Redwood Room, 439 Lagunita Drive, Stanford
- REGISTRATION is free; but RSVPs for in-person participation are requested. Contact Kyra Cronin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SYMPOSIUM PROGRAM (all times are Pacific Time)
- 9:00 AM – James Brooks, MD, Keith and Jan Hurlbut Professor of Urology, PI of the Stanford Urology O’Brien Center
- 9:10-12:05 PM – Bladder Session (speakers: Philip Beachy, PhD; Amy Dobberfuhl, MD; Cathy Mendelsohn, PhD; Kris Prado, MD; Larry Baskin, MD)
- 1:00-4:00 PM – Prostate Session (speakers: Douglas Strand, PhD; Jonathan Pollack, MD, PhD; Robert West, MD, PhD; William Ricke, PhD; Michael Angelo, MD, PhD)
- ONSITE – 9:00 AM (Pacific Time) to 4:00 PM
- VIRTUAL – Start times are 12:00 PM Eastern and 11:00 AM Central; End times are 7:00 PM Eastern and 6:00 PM Central
- Locale Menlo Park, $390/night, 2.5 miles from Stanford Campus, 550 Oak Grove Ave., Menlo Park, CA
- Hotel Lucent, $377/night, 2 miles from Stanford Campus, 727 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, CA
- Best Western Plus Riviera, $346/night, 1.6 miles from Stanford Campus, 15 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, CA
- AIRPORT. For those flying in, organizers recommend San Francisco (SFO) or San Jose (SIC) International Airports.