Due to COVID-19 precautions, this meeting will be VIRTUAL. The annual CAIRIBU meeting is an opportunity for all NIDDK-funded Centers and Programs under the CAIRIBU umbrella to share their research and develop new research collaborations. The 2020 CAIRIBU meeting will include >130 investigators and trainees from 3 George M. O’Brien (U54) Urology Cooperative Research Centers, 9 P20 Exploratory Centers for Interdisciplinary Research in Benign Urology, 2 Urological Epidemiology Institutional Research Career Development (K12) Programs, and 2 Multidisciplinary Urologic Research (KURe) Career Development (K12) Programs.
The program begins on THURSDAY, DECEMBER 3 at 12:30 p.m. EASTERN time and concludes later that day at 6:30 p.m., after the interactive virtual poster session. The program continues on FRIDAY, DECEMBER 4, beginning at 10:30 a.m. EASTERN time and concluding at 5:30 p.m. The full meeting program is HERE.
- Three scientific sessions will describe CAIRIBU research initiatives related to Epidemiological and Population Health Science research in benign urology, Clinical and Translational research in benign urology, and Basic Science research in benign urology.
- Three keynote speakers will deliver broad overviews of these topics; speakers are: Francine Grodstein, ScD; Quentin Clemens, MD; and Mark Nelson, PhD.
- An interactive virtual poster session is a key component of the meeting. The session will feature cutting-edge research from investigators and trainees from each CAIRIBU-affiliated Center and Program. A full listing of the abstracts, which will be presented during the poster session (Thurs, Dec. 3 from 4:00-6:30 p.m. EST) is HERE.
You must register for the meeting in order to receive Zoom links to participate:
- Register for the annual CAIRIBU meeting (registration is free): [register here]
- Trainees, early investigators, and others affiliated with a current CAIRIBU Center or Program may submit abstracts. Use the preparation and submission guidelines: [CAIRIBU 2020 abstract guidelines]. The deadline for abstract submissions is OCTOBER 1, 2020.