CAIRIBU investigators and trainees regularly deliver presentations, invited lectures, and present posters at various urology meetings. Below lists CAIRIBU investigators and trainees involved in the 2023 SUFU Winter Meeting, March 7-10, 2023 in Nashville, TN.
LINKS TO RESEARCH PROJECTS, NETWORKS, AND CONSORTIA RELATED TO BENIGN UROLOGY
- GenitoUrinary Development Molecular Anatomy Project (GUDMAP). GUDMAP provides data and tools that facilitate research on the GenitoUrinary (GU) tract for the scientific and medical community.
- Kidney Precision Medicine Project (KPMP)
- Multi-Disciplinary Approach to the Study of Chronic Pelvic Pain (MAPP Research Network). The MAPP Research Network conducts collaborative research on urological chronic pelvic pain disorders—specifically, interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome (IC/PBS) and chronic prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain syndrome (CP/CPPS).
- NIDDK Information Network (dkNET). dkNET is a research resource information portal that helps researchers find resources relevant to their research and keep up to date on new tools, services and mandates to support robust and reproducible science.
- dkNET Resource Links: Urology Research Related Resources | Resource Reports | Discovery Portal | Suggested Data Repositories | Research Data Management | Authentication Reports | Hypothesis Center
- dkNET Training: Webinar Series | YouTube channel (webinar recordings, tutorials)
- Pediatric KIDney Stone (PKIDS) Care Improvement Network. PEDSnet does research to improve the health and lives of children. PEDSnet is a large, national community of hospitals and healthcare organizations, researchers and clinicians, and patients and families. The community works together to identify the most important research questions that can reduce children’s suffering and support their healthy development.
- Prevention of Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms (PLUS) Research Consortium. PLUS is a group of researchers who work at nine universities across the United States. PLUS understands that bladder health is an important topic that can affect women and girls in a lot of ways – and we don’t fully understand many of them.
- Rebuilding a Kidney (RBK)
- Symptoms of Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction Research Network (LURN). LURN is a team of surgeons, doctors and medical research professionals have been assembled to study Lower Urinary Tract Dysfunction.
- Urinary Stone Disease Research Network (USDRN). The USDRN is an NIDDK-funded consortium assembled to study kidney stone prevention and urinary stent pain. The PUSH study (Prevention of Urinary Stones with Hydration) is accepting remote participants. Information about getting your patients involved
LINKS TO RESEARCH, CLINICAL, AND PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS & SOCIETIES RELATED TO UROLOGY & GU TRACT
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG)
- American Society for Microbiology (ASM)
- American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM)
- American Society of Andrology (ASA)
- American Urogynecologic Society (AUGS)
- American Urological Association (AUA)
- Canadian Urological Association (CUA)
- Center for Microbe Innovation at UC San Diego (CMI)
- Endocrine Society
- Endourological Society
- European Association of Urology (EAU)
- International Academy of Human Reproduction
- International Continence Society (ICS)
- International Neuro-Urology Society (INUS)
- International Society for the Study of Women’s Sexual Health (ISSWSH)
- North American Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology (NASPAG)
- Pacific Society for Reproductive Medicine (PSRM)
- Pacific Coast Reproductive Society (PCRS)
- Oxalosis and Hyperoxaluria Foundation (OHF)
- Research on Calculus Kinetics Society (ROCK)
- Sexual Medicine Society of North America (SMSNA)
- Society for Basic Urologic Research (SBUR)
- Society of Benign Prostate Disease (SoBPD)
- Society of Endometriosis and Uterine Disorders (SEUD)
- Society for Pelvic Research (SPR)
- Society for Reproductive Investigation (SRI)
- Society for the Study of Male Reproduction (SSMR)
- Society for Women in Urology (SWIU)
- Society of Genitourinary Reconstructive Surgeons (GURS)
- Society of Gynecologic Surgeons (SGS)
- Society of Urodynamics, Female Pelvic Medicine and Urogenital Reconstruction (SUFU)
- Spina Bifida Association (SBA)
OTHER ORGANIZATIONS AND EVENTS TO KEEP UP WITH
- Keystone Symposia. Explore new frontiers in biology and medicine
- MDLinx. A listing of upcoming urology conferences for networking, learning, and earning CME credits
AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD
- NIH/NIDDK – NIDDK – Recent Advances & Emerging Opportunities, annual report (January 2022)
- NIH/NIDDK – Annual report from the National Institute of Digestive, Diabetes and Kidney Diseases (January 2021): Recent Advances & Emerging Opportunities
- NIH/NIDDK – Pervasive myths commonly encountered by NIDDK Program Officers (POs) are addressed in this article from J Urol (2019): Strengthening research in benign urology: dispelling myths that impede success
- PLUS Research Consortium – Published in Neurourol Urodyn (2020): Is the juice worth the squeeze? Transdisciplinary team science in bladder health
- American Geriatrics Society and National Institute on Aging Urinary Incontinence Planning Committee and Faculty for the conference, “Bedside-to-Bench Conference on Urinary Incontinence in Older Adults” – Review article published in J Am Geriatr Soc (2018): A translational research agenda for a complex geriatric syndrome
- American Urological Association – A Urology Care Foundation “roadmap for priorities in urologic disease research,” produced in 2010: National Urology Research Agenda