Many institutions have resources to help investigators engage with stakeholders at each step of the research process – from recruitment to dissemination of results. Check out this inventory of stakeholder engagement resources at CAIRIBU-affiliated institutions for more information.
- Looking for funding? Find a list of stakeholder engagement funding at CAIRIBU-affiliated institutions here (located under the institution-specific CTSA Stakeholder Engagement Funding tab).
- Patient Advisor Toolkit 1: Orientation for Patient Advisory Committees (PAT-1)
PAT-1 is a comprehensive set of modifiable resources for conducting an orientation with patient advisors. The toolkit provides a complete, step-by-step guide to preparing patient advisors to work effectively with researchers. First published in 2018 and issued under a Creative Commons license, PAT-1 is available for free download at the HIPxChange website.
- How to Recruit and Retain Patient Stakeholders: An Engagement Guide (HARPS)
How to Recruit and Retain Patient Stakeholders: An Engagement Guide (HARPS) is a set of planning materials for researchers and others who want to engage diverse stakeholders as advisors on patient-centered projects, including patient-centered outcomes research (PCOR). First published in 2016 and issued under a Creative Commons license, HARPS is available for free download at the HIPxChange website.
Stakeholder Engagement Basics for Health Science Researchers: Putting the Pieces Together
March-June 2022, Virtual
Do you want to:
- Improve your grant applications to PCORI (or other funders) requiring a stakeholder engagement plan?
- Strengthen your research agenda?
- More effectively communicate your science to the public?
If so, then this FREE 4-part workshop series may be for you! Learn more.
BOOKLET to accompany the 4-session series HERE (includes suggested readings, links to videos, and homework for each session)
SESSION 1: Slides from Gay Thomas’ presentation HERE
SESSION 2: Slides from Gay Thomas’ presentation HERE